Saturday, January 13, 2007

Goals, got to have 'em.

Before figuring out a plan of attack for 2007, goals had to be determined so we could work backward from there. It appears that all my priority races fall in June. Originally, I had designs on a double peak season, first for the OVR spring series and again in June, for the Ohio State time trial championships (as well as Summer Solstice and Tree City, if it's being held this year). This would allow for the month of May to be a prep period for the ajor races. As luck would have it, there are several 40k time trials in Monrovia in May!

So here they are in random order:
Ohio State TT Championship - top 3 age group (I'm 36)
Summer Solstice Stage race - top 10 cat 3
Tree City Stage race - top 3 cat 3

I raced Tree City as a cat 5 in the 4/5 division in 2005. The best thing about this race for me was that the stage race was time based instead of points based. That favors time triallists. I was sitting 2nd overall after the time trial but unfortunately crashed in the crit and ended up 9th overall. Boo! I wanted revenge in 2006, but the race was cancelled. Hopefully, it's back in 2007!

No comments: