Monday, January 14, 2008

Days off

Don't like 'em, but got to take 'em.

Last week was a "not so restful" rest week. I called it a rest week because I did nothing structured, just a ride how I want type of thing. Of course I ended up doing intervals of varying length, but nothing was really ball buster. Should have taken a couple of days off, but I didn't and I think I'm paying for it today. Sore throat, lethargy, grumpy (more than normal!). So today is totally off the bike, first day this year. Tomorrow is back to time trial practice (AKA 16 minute interval) so I need the rest.

On a good note, net weight loss last week was 3.5 pounds. That proverbial "10 more pounds to go" is all that's left. Well, and 1.5 on top of that to get to where I need to be by March.



Friday update - whatever was bothering me Monday turned into a full blown sickness that I've not yet licked. I was able to get in a 45 minute ride (with intervals) Thursday. Power was there, but it pretty sapped me out for the rest of the day. We'll see what today brings, ride-wise, but it will probably mimic yesterday's effort. On another note, I've lost 5.5 pounds in the last 12 days. More to go.

No comments: