Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Math was off, this was race #34

The final Colavita time trial on October 10th was also my final race of 2009. My first race was January 11th so it's been a long season. I rode a bike exactly twice since the last Colavita TT, so expectations were non existent and I didn't disappoint. The cold kept everyone's time a little on the high side and I rolled in with only a 22.9 average, my slowest time trial on a time trial bike. Took third place uneventfully.

It had been a long time since I did work at threshold so the afternoon was spent being sick. I used to get sick after tt's until I trained that out of my system and hadn't been sick like that in two years.

I did take the season series for the 30-39 age group and won a jersey. Nice!

So for the season wrap up:
8 wins
5 second places
3 third places

It looks like I'll be able to actually start training again by the end of next week. Over the winter my tt bike will be strapped to the trainer for hour long death marches and I hope to get out on the road bike as much as I can.

See you in 2010. First race will be early January so it won't be long!

3 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

WTG man. Thanks for coming out and kicking ass in the TEAM MADCCOW TT Series.

Hope you got moved and settled in to train hard all Winter. I hope to be at the Team Dayton Computrainer races this year in January.

RIDE ON!

Egg

Unknown said...

Bryan and Craig, the CT races are starting early this year. Mid November and every 4 weeks through February. I think it's 11/15, but the details are on the TD site.

Nice job to you guys this season. Now I need to actually train this year. I'm not sure I even cracked 2K miles. :(

Bryan Hellard said...

Thanks Chris. I posted a topic about that very thing before I read your comment!