Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What do you do when you're bored stupid?

What do I do? Ramble on and on about nothing in particular.

I guess it's a good thing that work picked up some 300% since getting back from vacation. Several new projects from several old clients have kept me very busy lately. That's a good thing since it brings more money into the house AND I get to forget about the fact that I can't ride yet. It's a good thing I've given up my "over concern" with mileage goals or I'd pull what's left of my body hair out. On that note, my leg hair length is at a 5 year high. Not cycling=no shaving. They're going to look real odd by the time I'm ready to ride again.

It's been a weird couple of days. I fall asleep every night picturing myself on my time trial bike. Of course, my form looks much better in my pre-sleep thoughts than in real life, but what can you do?

Also in the downtime, I've been playing with my "training" program for 2008. I've decided to forgo 20 minute testing until April in favor of 5 minute testing. 20 minute testing at this time of the year feel counter productive until time trial season gets underway. Hopefully, I'll be back on the bike prior to November 1st or else more tweaking will be needed. I gave myself the first two weeks of November to take it REAL easy on the bike just to get back into the swing of things before ramping up the tempo. Time is already short, so I have to put more emphasis on tempo wattage and less on "e2" type rides to get my legs and lungs ready.

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Some of us like ramblin' on about nothing Bryan!! Keep it up!! hehe

Hang in there man. I always find it funny that we ride so much and then after taking a small break we think we've lost it.

When you do start back, just ride and everything will fall in line.

Train hard!!