Thursday, February 21, 2008

Base, how low can you go?

I know what that means.

Anyway, base miles suck when you're confined to riding indoors due to being a pussy about riding in single digit temperatures. My Orca hasn't left the trainer since I unhooked it only to hook it up for an indoor time trial last week. My rear tire is now a slick.

The past two weeks I've been re-watching LOST episodes while sitting on the trainer, but today I watched some coverage of the tour of California. If the technology worked like it should in the rain, it would be pretty cool. I kept thinking the break just stopped pedaling, or they all en mass threw their GPS transponders away.

Anyway, anyway, after only a couple of weeks of base, I'm tired of it. I much prefer an hour ride with the bulk of it being intervals, but it needs done. I'm so glad I didn't take last year's approach to winter trainering.

No comments: