Monday, April 7, 2008

#6 Green Tour

Oh the life of a Yellow Springs resident. I haven't heard the phrase "Yeah, man" this much since, well, whenever. And that all came from one guy who was having a conversation with someone else as I walked by. His attire? A tie-died shirt and a hat meant for covering dreadlocks (of which he didn't have). I'm guessing he wasn't even alive during the 70's, let alone the 60's. I won't discuss the peace rally going on either...

Notes on the race:
The good - Rodney Sauser appeared to line up with the cat 1/2 field.
The bad - The cat 1/2 were merged with the 3/4 due to a small field.

The good - I had an all time high 1 minute AND 5 minute power readings.
The bad - The one minute was inside the five minute
The worst - It was on the first lap up devil's backbone

Needless to say, I was dropped and spent the next two hours time trialling. 40 miles by myself, 4 laps up devil's backbone, 20 mph average.

1 comment:

jafabrit said...

Most of the hippies are old now, it is the young hippie visitors who gravitate towards yellow springs because of its rep. Of course other visitors think they are residents which of course perpetuates the reputation :)

Jafabrit, owns a lava lamp and ties knitting to trees but doesn't say "yea man"!