Monday, April 14, 2008

#8 April's Colavita time trial

Heading straight into a 25mph wind when it's 40 degrees out isn't as much fun as you would think. At least the return trip was nice.



Since I decommissioned my time trial bike, I raced my Orca in the standard bike class. Nothing aero. Not even booties to warm my feet. Notice my clashing red and blue shoes.


This is as aero as I can get without aero bars. I've been practicing this position quite a bit lately and can generate a decent amount of power from here.

Anyway, I finished 3rd in the road bike category, mustering up a 19.8 mph average. Not bad considering the "out" section was longer than the "back" section and it was all into the wind.

This week I get a new bike AND a new aero helmet! Too bad all the money in bike bank is gone and I have to keep waiting for the 808 front and Easton Attack TT bars...nutz!

No comments: