Monday, August 17, 2009

#29 Colavita TT August

Due to lack of riding, I opted to skip the "Nationals" part of the time trial and just ride the time trial series. Plus it was $17 cheaper. Plus, I wanted to try to maintain and/or build on my series lead. Warming up was easy due to the heat and I spent the better part of an hour on the trainer getting ready.

Off goes my start time, and I immediately have my highest 20 second power of the entire season right out of the gate! There was the slightest bit of head wind going out so it was a struggle and I only averaged 23.9 at the turn. Coming back was a struggle because of lack of riding at that sort of pace lately...well or at any pace as far as that goes. I averaged around 25 on the back stretch for an overall average of 24.4.

My time was good enough for the win in the 30-39 age group. Like I said in my last post though, the 40-49'ers were fast. I would have been 8th (if memory serves).

Had I chosen to do "Nationals" I would have been 2nd, because there was only one guy in that field. I would have been pissed had I beat his time, but he smoked me by 2.5 minutes so no worries.

That makes 8 wins on the year.

This week I may (may) get to ride a little. Tuesday is the bike path time trial. Wednesday is cross training at Harbin and Thursday is cross training at John Bryan. No riding over the weekend though, unfortunately. That is for sure.

No comments: