Tuesday, July 14, 2009

#24 training criterium

It hurt like a race, was held on a race course and I didn't win. So therefore, it was a race. I chose the B race because I wanted to at least feel like I could be a factor longer than three seconds. There were maybe 25 B riders.

Really I was there for training and not to try to win so I kept floating around, hitting corners hard and making little accelerations. During one of my jumps, I caused a break of three riders. Oops. During another jump, I caused two more riders to bridge the gap. Then it was down to the rest of us. Half way through it was down to five of us in the "chase" group, a half lap behind the leaders. I continued to not play nice and hit the corners, jumped and screwed around for the workout. On the last lap, one kid took off and no one chased (I was sitting last wheel, getting ready for my own attack). He was gone, so then I took off on corner 3 and rode in hard ahead of the rest of our little group.

Good training day. We'll see what happens when it's for real this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You were looking pretty solid. I'm sure you'll do fine.