Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cyclocross

From the looks of it, cross racing is becoming more popular than road racing. What is a guy to do? Well, buy a cross bike and hit the dirt/grass/sand/pavement!

Now I'm getting pricing on a singlespeed cross bike that I can use for adventure racing and commuting (whenever I move) as well as cross races. That should help retain some fitness over the late fall/early winter season and stave off some of the trainer riding.

One nice thing about cross races is that there are more categories than road racing. I can race beginner 35+ to start. Races start in late September.

How am I going to mount my powertap on a singlespeed cross bike though??? HA

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh buddy, you have no idea what you're getting into. My highest HR in any race was 198, then I got into cross racing. I've seen 204 in every cross race I've been in. It's the hardest racing I've ever done. But for some reason I still get excited every year. Noble puts on cross trainings in like September at JB, so let me know when you get your bike. I've also got some small barriers we can work on out at the dam or Duke Park.

Dobovedo said...

sounds like insanity. but the jerseys are gonna be awesome!

Bryan Hellard said...

Well, the bike I wanted is not available anymore. David at wheeliefun is looking for something else for me.

Dobo - I can't wait for the new unis!

Unknown said...

God, I need to get my ass out and ride with you guys. Stupid work and family. :p