Friday, August 6, 2010

Race #26 Kings CXTT

Oops.

Not having ever done a cross race, I opted for the one lap beginner category. Then I noticed there were a bunch of kids and no kids category.

At least I was on a single speed cross bike. That's my excuse for the 2nd place finish.

The course was awesome, up and back three times along an old, no longer open golf course. 4 miles total. Luckily, there were only a few bumps on the edges of the old fairways that resembled hills. Overall, it was hard with the single speed, but I managed a good time for my one lap. But I did get beat. By a 12 year old. Oh well, looking at his results he has been in many more cross races than me and had gears. So there!

Next week (it's a six week series) I will ride the intermediate, two lap race where if I took my single lap time and doubled it would put me toward the bottom end of the field. But that's cool, there's no money in it and it's really fun.

Next race, the PUR Tour tomorrow.