Monday, August 9, 2010

Race #27 PUR Tour

The last road/crit/circuit race I did was in fact the PUR Tour of 2009 over a year ago. I've done one group ride since then that I can remember and that was in February.

22 old farts started the 40+ race. Three guys from Huntington and a smattering of other teams. Huntington played it smart and kept sending out one guy at a time. He was caught and another went, etc. I found myself on the front chasing for a lap and died on the hill. Popped off with 1.5 laps to go. Finished by myself in 22nd place. Huntington took 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. It was necessary for me to maintain about 420 watts up the hill each time (I forget how long each climb was in seconds). I couldn't keep that up the 2nd to last time, that's why I popped.

Results

This week - Cleves TT, Blue Streak (maybe) and Kings CXTT

No comments: