Sunday, February 11, 2007

Race #3 Mentor

Where did the sunshine go? Today's race was probably in the low 20's for temps. With a low turnout the 1/2/3 field was combined with the 3/4's. Three shirts, armwarmers, tights, leg warmers and shorts kept me sort of comfortable. Two gloves on each hand helped as well. My feet were bad off though. I opted for the lycra shoe covers and left the neoprene ones at home. Yeah, that was prett stupid.

My race started bad and got worse. One small hill on the course and I got dropped. It didn't help that I had to avoid a one man crash at the base of the hill, but that's no excuse, that's what I get for being behind him. Spent the rest of my race in an attempt to time trial my way back to the field. Thirsty, I reached for a drink to find both water bottles had frozen on me. That was it. Mentor is an out and back course so I made my own personal turnaround early and called it a day. 25 miles into the drive home I could actually feel my feet again.

Next up - Alexandria (if the weather cooperates!!)

No comments: