Sunday, February 25, 2007

Tifosi Optics

My Tifosi Forza's arrived yesterday! It's necessary for me to wear prescription glasses when I ride so when the option to get a new pair of shades came around I jumped on it.

For the previous few years I have used Oakley prescription glasses exclusively (M-Frames and Valves). M-Frames have the Rx part integrated into a standard lens. You can look at pictures of Bobby Julich or Tyler Hamilton when he was with CSC to see what they looked like. Well, those glasses cracked on me twice and were repaired under warranty once. Then I bought a pair of Valves. Those have been nice since they have flown off my face in wrecks a few times and are still gold. The only bad thing about them is that the frame is pretty thick and it's hard to see what's behind you when you turn your head in a race.

Enter the Forza. The first thing I noticed was how light they are. Not light as in "it's built cheap", but light as in "wow, cool!". They seem like a solid pair of glasses. I'm not sure how they'll handle flying off my face at 25 miles per hour, but I can always hope to never find out. I tried them on our frigid training ride yesterday. Perfect! Great visability. There is one thing that bothers me about wearing some sunglasses while riding and that is the air flowing through and hitting the corner of my eyes. That's not the case with these. We did some rollers yesterday and hit over 40 mph with no problems.

No comments: