Sunday, September 9, 2007

Rainy day blues

Crap crap crap. Here I have an entire weekend to do nothing but ride and the weather is working against me. The radar kept me from going out as it looked like it would rain any minute. Well it didn't rain until late in the day and I wasted (spent) my time on the trainer. At least it gave me a chance to push it on my TT bike as part of the ride was spent doing a CTS video (on time trialling, how about that?). Now this morning I woke up to it absolutely pouring down. Nutz. Mr Radar is looking a bit friendlier as it looks like it may stop after while. If not, it's back on the trainer.

Right now my motivation for training is low, but motivation for group riding is at an all time high. Doing Fred's Ride (www.fredsride.com) this summer has been great and I've had the chance to ride hard with several good riders. Unfortunately, I'm about done for the season out there. With my two week vacation coming and surgery the week after I come back, by the time I'm ready to ride again it will be November and cold rides in the dark are not my thing. I won't have the fitness anyway by the time I get back on the carbon horse.

On another note, unofficially, I have signed back up with Project Velo Racing for 2008. I thought I was going to get sacked due to my lack of performance, but that's not the case. Once I'm able to get back on the bike post surgery, it's got to be balls to the wall to get ready for spring. Between now and November, it's necessary to come up with a plan to get my ass ready. There are a couple of races I want to key on for 2008 and certain weight checkpoints I want to hit along the way, but other than that, I have very little idea what my training will be like this winter. Now that I have a Powertap on both my road and TT bike, I hope that will help me along the way.

The rain is slowing down a little....

No comments: