Saturday, December 29, 2007

Quality time on the time trial bike

Well, the Orca has been in the shop over the holiday due to a frozen carbon seatpost stuck in the frame. My seat kept sliding back on me so I decided to swap out the post for the one on my 5200. HEY! I can't get the dang thing out. As opposed to me potentially doing something hazardous to my bike, I took it to where I bought it (Ipro) to have Roger give it a try. Hopefully, I'll get it back today but in the meantime I've been riding my time trial bike as that's the only other bike I currently have ready to ride. I did my weekly time trial on it this past Wednesday and bombed out as that TT course doesn't suit the TT bike (how's that for stupid?). Anyway today was no different as I locked the bike on the trainer for an hour of tempo. Tempo wattage is much easier on the time trial bike than the Orca. The more forward I sit, the more wattage I can push, but the more tired I get. I threw in a bunch of 20-60 second intervals as well.

T-minus one week and one day until the first race of the season. Crap, that's quick!

1 comment:

Dobovedo said...

Been catchin' up on your blog. Great stuff. Good luck in the upcoming season. Hope to see you out at the ride come 'spring'.