Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Race #12 Cleves TT

Another Tuesday, another 10 mile time trial. Very hot and humid so it was easy to stay warm. I rode the course backward as usual and then rode a little extra. Legs felt really poor warming up and had one of those days where I could have sworn my brakes were rubbing. That's why I rode the extra bit to get that shit out of my system.

41 riders started and I started 30. 30 seconds later was Dan Waite so that put a nice fear of God into me to not have him pass me very early. Right at the start I actually felt pretty good. The rolling section got rough on the uphills, but I picked up time on the downhills (no coasting!). Dan passed me around mile 8. I passed him back as I think his fixie ran out of gear, then he passed me back once more right before the end hill. I couldn't catch up.

End time, both via my powertap and the official time were personal bests, but I still haven't broken 25:00. I wore jersey and bibs as I forgot to wash my skinsuit yesterday and will be wearing it two more times this week anyway. That was probably my one second right there, but there is always next week.

I put out the same wattage as last week, but was faster. I concentrated more on the head duck thing and I'm going to assume the heat had something to so with the speed as well.

Week 5 24.7 average @ 257 watts = 25:00 (my time), 25:07 (official)
Week 4 24.7 average @ 257 watts = 25:13 (official time)
Week 3 24.4 average @ 271 watts (wrong) = 25:17
Week 2: 24.3 average @ 250 watts = 25:33
Week 1: 24.2 average @ 242 watts = 25:47

No comments: