Friday, June 4, 2010

Race #13 Strawberry festival TT

As soon as I hit the parking lot rain and thunder rolled in and I thought I wasted a long drive. Luckily, it cleared up. Unluckily, it blew my warm up. As opposed to riding the entire course, I took a couple mile stroll out and back.

There is no holder (A thing I am now quite used to), but I was able to clip in fast and off I went. Like Tuesday, there was a fast rider behind me so I went out with the intention of not getting passed (he didn't pass me). I passed my one minute rider around mile two and passed two more people around mile three and one more around mile seven. The roads ran smooth until Hufford. I slowed way down to get on Hufford as the roads were wet and the TT bike isn't the best handling thing in the world. Hufford road rides like a rock, which sucks because all of the other roads ride great. Anyway, a truck passed me heading into Casstown, and as NO luck would have it, he wanted to turn right. I had to almost stop completely to turn. Then, he wanted to turn right onto rt 55, the same direction I was going. Again, a near complete stop. I got my 20 second max power right there to get back up to speed to the finish.

By my powertap, I finished at 24:05 with a speed of 25.1. Official results as usual vary, but that's fine. Results came out with me finishing 6th but no time for Vince, who I know was faster. So 7th it is, which is cool. This was my fastest time trial (via average speed) this year so far which I am happy about. Power was at 256 and that is pretty consistent with what I am doing right now. Picked up 25 seconds on the same race last month.

The only equipment change was that I rode without a water bottle.

No comments: