Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Race #11 Colavita Bellbrook

Saturday was my first ever attempt at this course that includes a short uphill section and a short fast downhill with a bunch of flats in between. After getting some beta about the course, I kept all the same TT gear and didn't change anything. I got there early enough (no kidding) to pre-ride the course and that as usual helped. I've been on those roads before, just not that exact direction. The hill was not as bad as I remember, due to where I'm living and having to deal with now.

140+/- riders on the day made for a long morning with me starting 31st. My race went about as anticipated. Don't blow up on the hill and punch it as best as I could home.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of fast 40+ guys out there. I ended up 8th out of 12 with a wattage of 252 and a speed around 23.7. Got up to 45.5mph on the downhill section and had to pass someone right at that point. I ended up passing 4 people and did not get passed myself.

This week is going to be rough. Cleves tonight (10 miles), Strawberry festival Thursday (10 miles) and Groveport Sunday (23.something miles). Hopefully the weather cooperates.

No comments: