Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Race #10 Cleves TT

57 riders were there with me starting 48th. I am not used to late start so I need to do something to keep my legs warm as opposed to getting in the que and standing there for 20 minutes. Well, 24 minutes (30 second intervals)

I did what is now my usual and rode the course backward to the start and luckily missed all the potholes. That side of the road sucks, but the side we race on is great?!?

Since it was nice weather there were a lot of people out but it gave me the chance to let my legs get cold again. Even though it's really a training race, I want to keep it as real as possible so I don't hurt myself or do something else stupid by racing cold.

I was feeling it from the get-go. Trying to get in a good rhythm was near impossible last night for some reason so I just plowed my way through as best as possible. The end of the course on the hill seemed farther back than the three previous weeks. I think it was due to cars parking down the hill more due to the turnout. I wanted to hit 25:00 and that slipped away with my powertap reading 25:08 and the official time having me at 25:13. Still a personal record, but not the best I could have done. No drop outs on the powertap like last week. Yay!

Data from the series:
Week 4 24.7 average @ 257 watts = 25:13 (official time)
Week 3 24.4 average @ 271 watts (wrong) = 25:17
Week 2: 24.3 average @ 250 watts = 25:33
Week 1: 24.2 average @ 242 watts = 25:47


11th overall out of 57

No comments: