Monday, May 10, 2010

Race #6 QCW 40k tt

WINDY and COLD. 23 lunatics showed up for the 40k.

The wind actually helped most people get a new personal record on the course, myself included.

The screaming downhill start, was screaming. I ran out of gears of course. The out section was nothing to speak of as I kept plodding along waiting for the hill. I got to it and my bike was able to shift into the little ring. Thank God for that or I wouldn't have made it.

Nothing in racing made me as happy as seeing the end of that dang hill. Turn around and WOOSH, I immediately hit a new time trial high speed of 47.7 miles per hour. The return trip after the downhill was spent hoping the finish would come real soon. Last month I finished at 1:01:30 (or thereabouts) and at 45 minutes I was dying. Made it to the finish line at 1:00:30 (or thereabouts) with a power around 235 (I forget). 23.2 mph.

Note about the hill: At the bottom of the climb, I was averaging 26.5 mph. At the top, my average dropped to 22.4. Over a 4mph drop in average over a 1.5 mile climb. Ouch.

Three races this week hurt, so what am I doing this week? Three races.

Results

No comments: