Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Race #4 Cleves TT

What a great night for a ride! Cleve's time trial put on by QCW has been going on for 36 years. It's held every Tuesday from May until September - I'm going to try and ride most of them. It's a 10 mile course that's actually more rolling than I thought it would be, but nothing too tough. The finish is on a slight uphill grade but it's only 0.25 miles long and it's not necessary to get out of the big ring for it.

I hung around the start line since it was my first time there and the result was no warm up whatsoever. I wasn't sure how things were run and I will not miss a start time! As was the case with the QCW 40k, we had to guess our speed if we had never been there before so they could arrange us in order from slow to fast. Estimating a speed of 22-23mph slotted me at 36th out of 51.

Next week I will actually warm up...

I started completely cold and dry. It didn't affect me early but as the miles ticked over it did with my lungs and legs feeling it. Since the course wasn't totally pan flat it kept things interesting in regards to my pacing, but it was hovering in the mid 24's as far as an average speed went.

According to my powertap, I finished around 25:47 for a speed of 24.2 and a wattage of 242. For the first time out there I felt pretty good and once I know the course, I'll be able to gauge where better to pick up time. Leaving prior to the results being posted, I don't know where I finished yet, but right now that's not the point of the races.

Next race is tomorrow in Casstown barring any weather issues.

http://www.qcw.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=208&Itemid=134

Right after I published this post, the results had been uploaded. 17th out of 56.

No comments: