Friday, May 7, 2010

Race #5 Speedy Feet Casstown

This Casstown race was the new Strawberry Festival route, a 10 mile clockwise route starting from the new fire department. On such a nice evening, it was sad that only 22 people showed up. For crying out loud, I drove 1.25 hours from Cincinnati to race!

Anyway, I got there early (surprise!) and I was third to go off. Unlike Tuesday, I warmed up by doing the course. It was a nice easy ride of 21mph with 200 watts. I finished too fast and then lost my warm up because I screwed around for 25 minutes until I actually raced.

Shane D started 30 seconds behind me and even though he was on a standard bike, the fear of him passing me kept me motivated. He's riding well and is in shape. I lost speed to him on all the corners and that led to him passing me on the final turn heading from Casstown to the Fire Dept.

Overall, I was 6th (I don't count HPVs). This was my fastest TT of the 5 I have done this season at 24.7. Wattage was 249. Did not feel any after effects from racing Tuesday, but I am feeling it now and Saturday's 40k tt should just about kill me. In a good way...?

Results

No comments: