Monday, June 21, 2010

Race #15 Colavita Celina

40k around Lake St Mary's. Pretty much assured a flat course.

Registration took 5 seconds. Of course I was preregistered and I got there early, but whatever! It's nice to not have to stand in line.

Not really much to say about my race as it was as expected both speed and (low) power. I did have three separate incidents that lost a minute twenty by my power tap calculations.

Right from the get-go, turning on to the major road it was AWESOME to have all the cones giving us a lane. I can't say how awesome that is that we were allowed to have a dedicated lane. However, I passed a street crew worker at an intersection and knew I had to turn right soon. I kept going as I was still inside the coned lane. Then the cones tapered to the edge of the road and I thought I did in fact missed the turn. Stopped, turned, passed the intersection and saw that it dead ended into the lake. Oops. Turned around again and went on my way.

The only two other incidents were traffic related at stop signs as both times I was behind two cars at a complete stop. There was quite a bit of traffic out there and the cops can only do so much with the cars.

That discouraged me a little, but still the race was still great even though I was 6th out of 9. They put on a great race as usual and it was nice that the race was staged where there was a permanent tent set up as it was sunny and hot.

I guess the only thing I could wish for was that this race was held in a different time of year to potentially avoid some traffic. I don't know if all the traffic was normal, normal for this time of year, or abnormal because it was so nice out. Will do this race next year if they have it.

222 watts, 24.1mph, 1:01:30(or there about).

No comments: