Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer Solstice stage race

What a bust of a weekend! The shocking disappointment of the race has lead me to re-evaluate the amount of racing that I wanted to do. I definitely should not have upgraded when I did. Morale is at an all time low so I'm shortening up my race schedule a bit and increasing my training.

In the stage 3 time trial, my 25.17 mph effort was good enough for 23rd in my category (out of 50+). Reviewing the other categories, I would have been last in the 1/2/3 race, 4th in the cat 4's and 1st by a big margin in the cat 5's.

One great benefit of the Powertap is that I've been able to assess the real reason behind getting dropped. All these accelerations over and over again kill me quick. My training is also the reason why I am pretty decent at time trialling. Now I have to choose. Less of time trial training and work on the acceleration problem, or continue working on time trialling and screw thinking I'll ever be good at road racing?

Last night was race #23 - Tuesday crit
55:12
20.33 mi
TSS 81.7 (0.943)
Norm PWR 264
PWR 0 886 242
HR 93 181 164
SP 8.3 33.7 22.1

No comments: