Monday, June 25, 2007

#24 Ohio State TT Championship

Last year I was 3rd place in the "cat 4" division. This year I opted for age group (35-39) instead of cat 3. Result would have been the same regardless!

After a few bad weeks of training, lethargy and apathy, I had few expectations of a good ride. In the end, even though my placing was poor, I was happy with my ride. The Groveport course is rolling for the first 7 miles or so then flattens out nicely for a quick ride back to the finish. I passed 7 riders (1 minute intervals at the start) and had 2 guys pass me on route to a 24.19 mph average finish. My time was 58:31 on the "not quite 40k course". I think it was 23.5 miles or thereabouts.

Team COBC did great job as usual with organization, however, I do wish the start times were posted on their website as opposed to just being emailed. We lost a rider from our team due to a mistyped email regarding his start time.

Anyway, next up is the Greenville TT this coming Saturday.

No comments: