Monday, June 4, 2007

Races aren't coming fast enough (but that's about to change)

Due to insomnia I decided to avoid the two and a half hour drive to Indiana on Saturday. The alarm was due to go off at 3:45am and I was still awake at 2 so I made the call to bag it. It sucks because that was my final chance to get an official 40k in before "the state". The drive along I-70 is enough to cure insomnia itself, so I felt it was risky to chance it. I opted to join my team, who was participating in the Troy Strawberry festival parade. Most of the team was there so after the parade we went for a short group ride, a photo op, then I rode home.

This weekend (barring the fore casted thunderstorms) is the Summer Solstice Stage Race in and around Wilmington. Three road races and a time trial on the schedule. Tuesday is also the regular training crit (again, barring thunderstorms).

No comments: