Monday, August 6, 2007

#32 PUR Tour

I like this race. This was my third time at this course and every time it's been 90+ degrees. Saturday was no exception. Two years ago it was a combined 3/4 group of around 80 riders. Last year was cat 4 only with maybe 40 (if memory serves). This year's cat 3 field had around 30. Directly after the first left hand turn I found myself on the front. My main goal was to pull back breaks so Alex could have a chance to sprint. Break aways usually work on this course. The other reason to be toward the front was so I could climb the little hill at my own speed and fall back through the pack without getting dropped. So I spent the whole of the race either at the very front or very back. On lap 9 (of 13) my left calf cramped hard. This was as I was working my way to the front for the climb. Needless to say I got dropped on the climb and called it a day with a bum leg. This was the best I've felt all year at a race, and the course doesn't really suit me.

32:24 minutes of racing
12.623 miles
TSS 53 (0.999)
Norm PWR 280
PWR 0 817 243
HR 101 189 176
SP 2.2 35.5 23.8

Peak 5 minute 330 - highest recorded since I bought the PowerTap

No comments: