Tuesday, August 28, 2007

#35

Race #35 for the year was my last time trial of the season and my 5th of the Colavita Greenville series. Even with my new 808, the headwind was a big pile of suck and averaged on 21mph for the 7 mile out trip. Only averaging 26 mph with a tailwind on the way back made for a bad overall day where I finished 3rd in my age group. All of us in our division finished within 2 minutes and 30 seconds of each other. I had my worst time of the year.

STILL...with the 5 required qualifying rides I locked up the season championship with 1 first place, 1 second place, 2 thirds and a fourth. I'm pretty happy about that at least.

Last night was "Fred's" Monday ride in Tipp. There were several good riders out there and I ended up with a 22.7 average for the 21.2 mile hilly ride. I did have to cut the ride a little short so I could ride home in what was left of the daylight, but overall I rode about an hour and 45 minutes.

No comments: