Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Etc

Today ended my streak of 7 whole days in a row riding. Now I'm totally pain free on the bike, but today's schedule didn't allow for any time to ride. Tomorrow I am leaving for Grand Rapids where there's a woodworking trade show. No riding will happen until Friday at the earliest as that's when I'll be back in town. It seems like there are thousands of manufacturing companies in Michigan but not many designers or engineers. That bodes well for me, not that there is a lack of work at the moment though.

As for the riding, like I said I am pain free. The power seems to be there but the 5 weeks off hurt the endurance the most. Maybe it's just that before the layoff it was warm out and now it's not. That sure plays into my desire (or lack thereof) to wipe the snot off my nose every 20-25 seconds while riding outside. Maybe I'll get lucky this weekend. It will be a good week to test my power since I'll have the next couple of days off. We'll see.

No comments: