Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Here we go!


Just a photo I found...I miss that helmet (cracked it)

Today starts "training". I've decided to simplify my training down to two things; raising FTP and race surges. Race surges have been a weak spot for as long as I've been racing and I lose too much energy every time I burn a match to connect back to the wheel in front of me. Raising FTP will help specifically in time trials and generally will help my overall cycling fitness.

Then there is the weight loss goal - I'm trying to get back to my cat5 weight of 165 by mid January. That's only 10 pounds away, but I want to make it a slow weight loss so I don't crash and burn from not enough calories in my body (been there, it's ugly).

If (if) I can raise FTP and lose weight at the same time, that will make me way better off when the time trials start in the spring.

No comments: