Sunday, November 18, 2007

Great day for a ride

Even though I overdressed, it was a great day out yesterday. For the first hour it was my intention to do as much continuous tempo as I could stand and then just ride around. I headed off to the Fred's Ride routes because the terrain is great for tempo and the traffic is nice and light (especially on a Saturday morning). As I finished up I saw Craig and Brian out for a ride- it's always nice to see other riders out as it makes me feel like less of a weenie on a chilly day. Maybe I'll see more riders today (another 40 degree day).

Ended up with a little over 45 miles in 2:30 as after the tempo ride I just cruised around for a while on the roads near my house. Overall I averaged 175 watts for the ride, but the tempo section was where it needed to be hovering between 210 and 270.

The first "week" of training for 2008 is nearly complete. I only started this past Wednesday though, but that day's ride and Thursday's rides were pretty tough. Short rides, but very hard. Saturday's ride was hard for that first hour as every time I saw my power was low I forced myself to ramp it up. Today's ride is a free ride, meaning just ride how I feel. Right now I feel great, but the first turn of the pedal can prove otherwise. We'll see.

Today was nice too. A little chilly, but I got 2 hours of easy riding in.

No comments: