Sunday, October 12, 2008

40,000

I started keeping track of mileage on July 29th, 2002 via a spreadsheet on my computer. With today's ride I went over the 40,000 mile mark since then. Also in the next ride or two, I will surpass 2007's mileage as I'm about 60 short. Last year I had 6,550.17 and year to date, I have 6,492.63. This year has been a good, injury (and vacation) free year, except the week in Peru. Nothing on the horizon should be keeping me from beating my 2005 mileage of 8,266.76. The only thing that could keep me from that would be the emphasis on better quality workouts over pure mileage, especially when it's dark and cold and I'm resigned to 15 minute intervals on the trainer. We'll see what happens.

Today was a nice 40 miler just cruising around my usual roads. I have to get my rides in on these roads as I won't be spending much time up here after this year. Well, that is, unless our house doesn't sell by next year. I'm going to miss these roads.

1 comment:

Dobovedo said...

Happy 40th! And good luck achieving 8266.77.