Sunday, October 26, 2008

With friends like these...

...I need slower friends. My last road ride was 12 days ago and since I've been mired in a funk of blah trainer rides. Schedule has not permitted much time to hit the roads lately and it showed. For a 50 mile ride, it felt like a good 38 of it was in a head wind. How does that work? I threw my best effort forward to share the workload (as I am not keen on wheelsucking freeloaders on a group ride) but I still felt like I didn't hold up my end of the ride.

At the very least, today's ride did save me some money. I know for fact that I'm not in shape enough for Son of Godzulla next week, so I'll save the drive and $40 entry fee.

Statistics - because you know you love them.
50.38 miles
2:31 (20.1 mph average and like I said it was head windy)
1867 kJ (which I promptly replaced via burrito)
207 watts, 241 normalized
Still not wearing my HRM.

In closing it was nice to actually be out there riding! I miss the road.

2 comments:

Dobovedo said...

Well... you DID say you wanted something to write about. So there ya go.

Glad you were there. You did more work than you think, especially going south where I was useless.

The answer to your question is that most of it actually was in head or strong cross winds. The one true tailwind we had was starting out on Hardin. And the only other section that was close to tailwind was uphill.

Maybe that'll teach you guys not to let me make the routes.

Unknown said...

Hmmm.....glad I missed that one. I got a good ride in too, but only came in with a AP of 200 and NP of 263. That wind was a bitch for about 5 miles of my loop each time.
Sorry I missed you guys.