Monday, October 20, 2008

Tis the season

where a young man's thoughts turn to how much money he is going to spend on gear for 2009 and what the return will be...poo

The shoes I wanted FINALLY went on closeout, so I scooped those up last night from Excel.

It's time for a new "portable" trainer to take to time trials and for days when I want to ride in front of the TV. My Real Axiom is too heavy and not a great trainer unless it's plugged into my laptop. Bikesport Michigan has their secret Slowtwitch deal and I may pull the trigger on that today.


EDIT - yes I did buy the trainer. Now you know.

Soon it will be time for the annual Kit order. Champion Systems provides our gear and they came out with a new, dimpled (or roughened) skin suit. That's first on the list. On top of that, I'll be adding new shoe covers, gloves, extra jerseys and bibs and probably the long sleeve cyclocross skinsuit for the chilly days.

Then there is the front wheel issue with the time trial bike. I'll be addressing helmet concerns next spring as well as aero bar issues.

Time to get back to work to pay for all this crap.

3 comments:

Dobovedo said...

Hmmm... maybe I can plant a subliminal impulse to slip in a Campy Super Record gruppo while you're ordering, including where to ship it.

Bryan Hellard said...

Campy? What's that? I prefer Japanese fishing reels.

Unknown said...

You'll like that trainer. Got mine on the BSM super secret badger deal two years ago and it's still going strong.