Monday, November 3, 2008

stuff

Should we talk about the weather? Should we talk about the government?

Weather! What a great couple of days with a couple more to follow. Unfortunately, I missed riding Saturday as my whole day was booked up with a trip to the site and a party that was hosted by us. Needless to say, I didn't make it to son of Godzulla. Once again, I'll say it. I will make it next year.

Sunday and today I spent outside getting some badly needed miles in. Tuesday and Wednesday look to be more of the same.

Getting ready for 2009 started last Sunday. I keep changing my game plan in regards to training but I've settled on this for now: There will be no daily structure. When the weather starts getting bad, I'll reduce my long rides to once per week so I won't be dealing with long bouts of freezing on the road or numb ass on the trainer. The rest is all sorts of variants of intervals. Sure, when I say no daily structure, I really mean that there will be weekly structure based on time and weather. Everything from 20 second to 20 minute intervals are on deck. Gradually, I'd like to up the wattage that I'm doing the intervals at while at the same time chipping away at the weight hanging off my ass.

There are only about four more months until the season starts. Got to get with it!

No comments: