Monday, November 24, 2008

The dumbest product I've ever used

In the mail today came the two dvd's I talked about last week. So naturally with the weather being a can of shit, I tried one of the workouts on the trainer today. I opted for the pedaling strength dvd and workout 1 (the easiest). All it was was a 10 minute warm up, 10 minute interval of 50-60 cadence and heart rate zone 3, then a 5 minute recovery. Repeat the interval/recovery 3 times and that is it. THAT IS IT. On the website it has a little sample video of two guys climbing, well during the 1 hour 15 minute video, I saw two guys climbing for 15 whole seconds. Other than that, it was 5 robotic riders (all men) on trainers.

For the heck of it, I played the HARD workout on fast forward when I was done riding. Well it's 20 minutes of intervals and 5 minutes rest. Repeat. I am going to guess that the MEDIUM workout is 15 minutes of interval with 5 minutes rest.

Never, ever, consider buying Optimum Fitness Results "pedaling strength" dvd. Joe Friel should be extremely embarrassed to have his name associated with such a POOR quality product. You would think with him charging clients $1,500/month for training, he could do better than this.

The only, ONLY thing that makes this rate above ZERO on my scale is the "stretching" portion of the dvd that plays immediately after the workout. There is a very good looking woman in lycra stretching.

RATING:
0.5 out of 10

No comments: