Sunday, November 16, 2008

BEWARE of 'unflavored'

My hips and knees have been in a pain in, well, my hips and knees for a while now so I decided to test out some Glucosamine. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of swallowing pills that are the size of my thumb, so I opted on an unflavored powder. Should have known better. The last time I bought an unflavored product it was an endurance formula from Hammer. I used it a handful of times then gave the rest away to a team mate. That unflavored pales in comparison to this glucosamine powder. First, it smells worse than my gear bag left in my hot car after a day's worth of criteriums. I could only liken it to the scent of my dog farting in my four year old cycling shoes that have my used socks stuffed in it. Not that I've tried that, but you get my drift.

Instead of the recommended 8-12 ounces, I've opted to take it in shot form and chase it with a glass of clean water.

It better be worth it.

2 comments:

Dobovedo said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Anonymous said...

Hey Bryan, I'd also give MSM, chondroitin, and fish oil (if you try a pill, get enteric coated so you don't get fish oil burps!) a chance. Not sure what the options are for non-pill forms however. Ever since I had my repeat knee injury, I take all of them...and I swear it makes a significant difference.