Monday, January 5, 2009

1-5-09

Merry happy new Christmas year.

I have minutes of downtime and how better to spend it than describing in painful detail about how I did not receive any cycling related gear as gifts?

Harumph.

Actually, it's probably a good thing that no one bought cycling related merchandise. I can hear it now, one of my relatives trying to buy a wheel for me...

Zip? Oh Zipp with two "P's"
808? Huh Can I still order an 808 even though it's not August of 2008?
Front or rear? Don't bikes have both? Campy/Shimano? WTF?
700c or 650c? 700 centimeters is almost 23 feet. Better go with 650. Oh. Huh?
Clincher or Tubular? I think it takes tubes, better go with that.
Spokes? Yes I think it needs them?

Luckily, I got money. Enough for a Zipp 808 front clincher wheel. Look out. Now that the holidays are over, I'm getting excited about the season. The first time trial (the outside variety) is in March. The 808 should be in place with an even better position by then (thanks to Wheelie Fun!)

2 comments:

vclune said...

The "808's" are so'08. You need to move on to the 1080, so you won't spend all year with wheel envy yet again.

Bryan Hellard said...

I thought about a 1080 front, but after researching the cost vs savings vs wind, the 808 looks to be my best bet. Plus I already have an 808 rear, so I will look stylish no matter what speed.