Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 race #1

http://www.teamdaytoncycling.com/Documents/ITTresults_1.11.09.pdf


Results are above.

Ever since early November, I have had a difficult time trying to ride. Rides have not been high quantity, so I've been shooting for high quality. I'm hoping things change by early February as my current job will slow down somewhat and my part in the clinic will gradually fade away. I think I missed my window, but I've been debating taking the rest of January off from riding, but at this point I think I've screwed the pooch in regards to time off (if I want to be at least somewhat competitive in the spring).

Anyway, back to the race itself.

I was able to secure a 9am slot because we had a clinic open house that I needed to get to as soon as possible. Four others joined me for that time slot. What was funny is that our finishing order matched how we were set up...computrainer #1 finished first, #2 finished second, etc. My time and average were about what I expected, as I finished with a time of 16:43.7 and a watt average of 289 (278 via my powertap though). First place in my age group was 16:43.3. That's a real bite in the ass!

In two weeks is the next indoor TT. I hope to make it to this one, and I hope to have a little of training in the mean time. The bad thing was that I was only able to hit the trainer for 40 minutes tonight before getting sick of it. Tomorrow at least appears on paper to be a good day to get a nice ride in (on the trainer). We'll see what happens.

No comments: