Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ride the bike

Today was a nice day out - kind of. One of those days it was nice to be a group because I would probably have pussied out sooner than later. Three of us did last year's ramble route as I wanted to get some rollers in and get two hours in. Rudy road was the big suck bomb. That road hurts and with a strong head wind it hurts worse. Being in the next to last gear and doing about 12mph while pushing over 300 watts is not a fun feeling.

Now my bike has a case of the grimes and I need to get that fixed before tomorrow's (probable) indoor ride. I rode in the hurricane last year and I have no desire to repeat that business.

It's always cool to get out there with a group and just ride the bike. That's why I do it. It was also nice to hit those roads again. I had figured that last year would be my last time riding those roads due to the inevitable move. Well, that probably won't happen until summer or later, so I'll get some more chances to ride out there in the coming months. Group ride season can't get here too soon.

1 comment:

Dobovedo said...

now would probably be a bad time to mention I rode Rudy this evening at about 30 mph and it was a piece of cake (cookie?)

you went the wrong direction

;-)

actually, it was the right direction. it didn't kill you, so it made you stronger.