Saturday, April 18, 2009

Colavita TT April #8

Saturday's race had absolutely perfect conditions for the time trial. Warm and relatively windless. Over 70 people were in attendance and I was 20th to go. I think the slight breeze became a little wind as people who rode late were telling me about it where it was relatively non existent on my ride.

It's a nice feeling hitting the turn around at less than 16 minutes, especially with a slight tail wind for the shorter ride home. My overall time (power tap measured) was 29:08, seven seconds off my all time best that I had last year. Not bad considering I'm much more out of shape than last year. My average was right around 25. The time was good enough for 2nd place in my division. My new position and new front wheel are carrying me through the lack of fitness.

Tomorrow is Vandervort's corner and another butt kicking in what looks like a rainy race. Luckily, it's not a technical course, but if it's windy AND rainy, it's going to suck.

Sushi night tonight!

2 comments:

Dobovedo said...

Good job!

Just out of curiosity, how early do I have to get there to start in the top 10 or 20? The wind definitely kicked up by the time I went at 65th (10:04a).

Bryan Hellard said...

I got there at 7:30ish I think. I like to get registration out of the way and have an hour prior to start time to warm up, goof off and get ready.