Monday, April 27, 2009

Cow TT #10 Gettysburg #11

May as well combine these two into one post because it's going to be a short one.

As of Friday afternoon, I thought I was going to have to jet to Michigan for the weekend knocking me out of two races. With only about an hour to ride, I took the specialized out for a hard 12 minute interval. Averaged 27 something.

Then I found out I wasn't going to Michigan...

The Cow TT on Saturday was rough with only one small section of pure tailwind. The rest was either cross or head which made for some hard riding. Though my average wasn't great, it was good enough for 2nd on the day. For those keeping track, it's two wins and two 2nd's in 4 tt's this year. Good ego stroke.

Ego stroke gone because...
On to Sunday's Gettysburg road race. 14 mile laps with loads of head wind. I got dropped 3 miles (3, yes three) into it as the field was strung out and I just couldn't hang. Rode the next 25 miles by myself and called it a day. I wanted to call it a day after the first lap, but I forced myself into another loop. No way could I force myself into a third. Four straight days of hard riding put the screws to me.

Next up is Spring Valley, hosted by One Call Now (my team).

No comments: