Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cow TT #16

Saturday was the 9.1 mile Cow time trial. One mile into my warm up lap I knew this was going to hurt. I had one day off Friday after a hard six day block that included one interval session, two time trials and three hard group rides. Yeah, oops. So heading eastbound on the warm up lap was painful.

The actual race was even more painful. Going out it was a struggle to hold 23 and hitting 25 took way too much effort. That's when I shifted from singing songs to myself to talking to myself. That's never good! I felt a little better on the short southbound section knowing that once I turned right again it would be easy sailing. The ride back home was 28 mph easy. My overall average for the 9.1 was 25.1 (powertap measured). Again I'll say when I have a bad day but can still average 25, it's not really that bad of a day. I was just worn out.

That being said, this week is sort of a rest week with a 40k tt on the schedule for this Sunday in Ft Wayne, Indiana. Didn't ride Monday or Tuesday and Sunday's ride was just an hour on the tt bike at a moderate pace to get used to being aero for that long. I think that's what today's ride is going to bring.

No comments: