Thursday, May 7, 2009

crap nutz crap yay!

CRAP:
After Sunday's race I developed a slight cough. I just thought it was the normal cough after a hard effort but it turned into a scratchy throat. Felt better for Monday's ride, but by Tuesday morning I could hardly drag my ass to West Chester.

NUTZ:
I finally made the call at 5pm to ditch the time trial and go home. One less race but I didn't want to push it since I felt like garbage to begin with.

CRAP:
Felt sick all day Wednesday and today. It felt cold in the house so I thought it was cold outside until I had to make a short road trip. It was warm so I had to ride at least a little.

YAY:
With ideal conditions for my time trial test, I felt that was the best thing to do today since I would be on and off the bike in less than an hour and the hard effort would only take 13 minutes or less. So I meandered my way down to Dog Leg and Jackson feeling pretty descent and trying to maintain form. As the picture at the top of my blog shows, I need to work on pulling my chin down a touch and was working on bringing my knees in.

Time for the interval. Up Dog Leg, right on Old Springfield, Left on Peters (had to kind of slow down for a knucklehead driver that sat too long at the stop), right on Evanston stopping just before my subdivision.

5.768 miles in 12:22 which by my powertap showed a 28.0 average. First time I've done a test at 28! Last year my best was 27.6 under similar conditions.

In full disclosure, it's not a completely accurate assessment of fitness since there was a SW wind at 9mph, but I've gone slower with more wind. But I will take it. I didn't wear my heart rate strap, but my power was where it should be for that type of effort. But also under full disclosure, I wore my normal helmet and normal kit with no shoe covers.

No riding tomorrow (work all day), but the Germantown race is Saturday. Looks to be another rough one.

2 comments:

Noose and Goose said...

helldoggy-i saw ya on peters thursday evening.1 thought your form looked prety damn good.kick some butt on saturday! the goose

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

I agree Goose. HD is looking very Aero. Awesome!! Remember to HAVE FUN Bryan!! :)