Saturday, May 16, 2009

May's Colavita time trial #14

No thunderstorm!

This was the latest I've ever arrived at a time trial. My brain must not be working right as I usually am the first person there - today there were at least a dozen cars in the lot. My lack of brain is becoming disturbing. Being late, I was 19th to go off (out of around 50 riders).

The rain started to come down during my trainer warm-up, but by then it was getting time to pack up and head to the start house.

A guy on a sweet, brand new Fuji TT bike was just ahead of me. Good rabbit. Out on the road, there was a little head wind and I hit the turn around at 17 minutes passing four people in the process (including the Fuji). The return (shorter) trip had me about 12minutes40. Front side I averaged less than 23 but on the back side it was over 27 for a 24.5 average on the day. Certainly not my best effort and I was kind of pissed when I realized that I felt pretty decent within 10 minute of finishing. That means I didn't go hard enough.

The end result was good enough for first place in my division. Not that my division had a whole bunch of riders, but whatever. Finished 9th overall out of the 50.

The all-time record was broken today. 24:57! That's about 4 minutes faster than my best ever time.