Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Speedy feet TT #15

I decided to race up north instead of down south today. I was in a hurry and had both of my dogs to make sure they didn't get overheated, resulting in a limited warm up...

Am I out of excuses for my 2nd place finish (out of 25 or so riders)? ha ha, I got beat by 0.5 mph average so my coming to a complete stop to avoid running over a goose is moot.

Anyway, I had my season best 15 minute power which was nice and averaged 25.0 but I don't remember how long the course was...maybe 7 miles or a little longer. I kept a lower cadence for some reason, like I didn't have the right gear. I was probably chugging 80 rpm or something. That was interesting and led to a slightly lower (but expected) heart rate average.

You have to expect the bad while racing on an open bike path with dogs, kids and geese.

Running TT tally:
6 time trials
4 wins
2 second places

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

I can hear Jeff laughing now. :)

Crazy but good job man. Keep it up!!

30 mph avg for Saturdays Cow TT, DO IT!!

Noose and Goose said...

great job helldoggy ! thanx for not running over one of my bros. the goose