Friday, May 15, 2009

Update

Well I didn't race Tuesday even though it was a nice evening. Since I didn't work in Cincinnati, I felt no need to drive 1.5 hours each way for a 10 miler. I opted for one of the crappiest rides I've ever had instead. Almost literally. At the one hour mark (and 30 minutes from home), my stomach was in serious jeopardy. Luckily, I was able to hoof it home in time.

Wednesday's race was a washout (for me at least). I was at a client's office at 4 getting ready to leave when a nice thunderstorm hit Troy. So I worked more. Around 6 when I got home, the weather was actually decent. Crap. No riding Wednesday.

No riding Thursday. Enough said. Not a good day.

Today was nice enough and I had a spare hour to hit the time trial bike for a warm up for tomorrow's TT in Greenville. Basically, it was another "getting to know you" ride on the Specialized working on keeping my knees in and chin down. Due to the wind from the south, my north ride up Peters Pike was a steady 30-32mph.

The TT bike is cleaned up and ready to roll. Tomorrow is looking thunderstormy though but I have the season series to worry about so I'm racing rain or shine.

In exciting news (to me only), I'm going to get my Trek out of storage and get it ready for crit season. It's never seen a race and hasn't seen the road in anger in over two years. It needs new shifters (9 speed to 10 conversion) and some bar tape. I have a cassette, chain and powertap mounting kit, so it's going to be a low cost upgrade.

No comments: