Saturday, June 13, 2009

#19 Colavita TT June

Crappy feeling on the warm up. I warmed on the trainer and just didn't feel "it", whatever "it" may be.

Anyway, it was a perfect condition day. There was a slight tailwind going out so I figured there would be some fast times since it's longer that way than the trip back home. I started 11th with some good riders ahead of me. I only caught two riders on the day. Usually, I try to make the turnaround in 16 minutes and I was at 15:40-ish. That was nice. I pushed as hard as I could into the slight headwind and hit a time of 28:52, which knocked 9 seconds off my fastest time set last September. Average was a shade over 25.

So I won some Heed and a pair of sunglasses. Having a prescription and not able to wear non-Rx, I traded to the glasses to Shane who won a helmet. Perfect!

No comments: