Sunday, June 7, 2009

Groveport TT #18

This is my fourth consecutive year racing this course.
In 2006 my average was 23.9
In 2007 my average was 24.19 (time of 58:31)
In 2008 my average was 24.53 (time of 57:57)

I knocked some 43 seconds off my best time and my average said 24.6 via the powertap.

This course is fun and hard, but does not suit my strength. The front half is some rollers where I saw 16mph on my computer at one point. Ouch. Bunch of false flat type roads too. The return half is less rolling (pretty flat) but had loads of false flats.

I ended up 5th in my division. Even in the cat 4 group there were some fast times with the winner of our group in the 54-minute range. The overall winner was in the 28+ mph range with a time in the high 49-minute range (former national champ Paul Martin).

Next up is Blue Streak on Wednesday followed by the Colavita TT this Saturday.

This was the first long time trial on my new saddle. I'm walking a bit gingerly at the moment, kind of like a cowboy. Should be fine for riding tomorrow with some bag balm. Have I mentioned that I really don't like Champion's new chamois?

5 comments:

vclune said...

By National Champion you must mean;
Elite Nationals Road Race Champion
Masters Nationals Road Race Champion
Rode for Navigators Professional squad in Europe and US. Decides whether it's worth going to a race based on how much money he stands to win, when he wins. Guys like that keep me from going to Masters Nationals.

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Keep it up Bryan. Way to go!!

Unknown said...

Blue Streak is canceled for tonight Bryan.

Bryan Hellard said...

Now you tell me, Chris! I should have checked the website, but instead I had to bust home from West Chester, load the bike, drive to the base and sit there wondering where the promotor was. There were probably 20 people there all scratching our heads as it was beautiful out.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was not too happy. They called it at like noon. Strange, 6 hours later and the weather is different........it's OHIO. Of course the weather changed.